Our little neighboring town celebrated its annual "crazy days" event this past weekend... three whole days of sidewalk sales, wonderful deals, street vendors selling brats, hot dogs, burgers, rootbeer floats... music... and a flea market on Saturday with outside vendors coming into town to sell their wares.
It was very hot the first two days and many of us were walking around in somewhat of a daze... although my heart wanted to shop, my brain/body just wanted an ice cold bottle of water and the shade of a maple tree (of which there are many in Excelsior!).
In spite of the heat, I did manage to make some wonderful purchases...
1. this fabulous vintage suitcase in a lovely faded peachy color
....the inside is in fabulous condition; no tears, no stains, no odors...
2. the dress inside the suitcase was my 2nd purchase... I fell in love with the hem and edging... it's almost a shame to cut it up!
3. a few antique photos
...aren't they lovely? especially the smiling gal above; it's difficult to actually find someone who looks happy in old pics due to the fact that they had to sit still for so long...
4. some faux pearls and bling
5. vintage sewing notions
6. a grab bag full of lace (I love these; you never know what you're getting and you are rarely disappointed, as there are usually a few gems in there!)
7. vintage postcards... jackpot! All dated/stamped from 1902-1911.... not in perfect condition (who cares?!?) and ranging in price from 5 cents to 50 cents.... I ended up with 40 in total for under $8...
A productive weekend... don't you think? Well worth suffering the heat!
I'm linking up to the White Wednesday party at Faded Charm Cottage.